Wednesday, December 12, 2018

All I Want For Christmas


All I want for Christmas is a new laptop. I spend hours writing every day. I use my laptop so much that many letters have been worn off the keys. Some letters have disappeared altogether: E,A,S and D. The letter C is just a hint of its former self. There is half an O, which could easily be mistaken for a U. Lastly there is only the base of the L, which looks more a hyphen.  I need these letters. I use them quite a lot (which is why they are missing!)

It is a good thing I learned to type in Junior High without looking at the keys. I still remember the practice sentence: “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.” I am not sure what party the typing teacher was talking about. If it is a political party, then I have no interest in coming to the aid of it. If it is a Christmas party, then count me in. I will help with the eating.

Plus the battery on this laptop is shot. I replaced it a few years ago, but it still gives me only an hour of unplugged time. So, if you are reading this, Santa, you know what I want. I know you are in the area because I saw you at the UUA Church in Tamworth last Saturday, when I took my grandkids to see you. Nice entrance, by the way, arriving in the police cruiser with the lights flashing and siren wailing.

(Speaking of Santa, he looked quite comfortable in that church. I suspect that Santa is colluding with the Unitarians. He certainly is a liberal. You can tell by the way he dresses. And he gives away all those gifts without asking anything in return. Not even a receipt for tax purposes! Who is paying for all those freebies? Taxpayers!  Furthermore I am pretty sure he has entered the country illegally.)

Let’s get back to the laptop. Santa, I really need it. I can’t spell my name without those letters! Marshall Davis will henceforth be known as Mrh vi. What kind of name is that? So, Mr. Claus (or should I say Mrs. Claus), if you are reading my blog, now you know what I hope to find under the tree.

Sincerely,

Mrh




No comments: